How to apply for your Tennessee Handgun Concealed Carry Permit
Concealed Handgun Carry Permit
- Must be a Tennessee resident
- Complete this course and print your certificate of completion.
- Must fill out Proof of training form provided for download within the course.
- Once the course has been completed, you will go to a Driver Services Center. At the Driver Services Center:
- Pay application fee of $65 for an eight (8) year permit
- Submit completed LProof of Training form along with your Certificate of Completion.
- Provide CERTIFIED PROOF of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency (Photocopies will not be accepted)
- Provide proof of full SSN
- Have photo taken
- If you do not currently have a Tennessee driver license, you must submit two proofs of Tennessee residency with your name and resident address - NO P.O. BOXES (Documents must be current and within last 4 months.)
- Present a photo ID to the Department at the time of filing the application
- Once transaction is complete, the examiner will provide you with the instructions for being fingerprinted
- FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Incomplete applications will not be processed